[EnglishLanguage 3061] Re: Postings to the list

Miriam Burt

mburt at cal.org
Thu Oct 30 11:19:16 EDT 2008

Hello, everyone.

Thank you, Steve and others, for your comments on the value of
discussing resources, both free and not free. Over the years many good
resources have been discussed on the list, along with ideas for their
use and the research behind them. It is one of the goals of the
discussion list that we share resources - and ways to use them - that
help practitioners help adult English language learners improve their
English skills.

As we post, however, we need to remember that the guidelines say the
lists cannot be used as "a promotion tool for commercial products or
resources." Posts that refer to resources or product need to do so as
part of a discussion relating to the topics of the list. The list
subscriber must not "stand to gain financially from the posting of the
message."

Speaking of helping practitioners improve their skills and topics for
discussion, it's time to start planning a guest speaker for the
discussion list.

In an email that I'll send either later today or tomorrow, I will ask
for feedback on topics.

Thanks again, everyone, for your participation.

Miriam

Miriam Burt, Discussion List Moderator

Adult English Language Learners