[EnglishLanguage 2809] Re: citizenship

Martin Senger

MSenger at GECAC.org
Fri Sep 19 08:17:42 EDT 2008

814-490-8510

-----Original Message-----
From: englishlanguage-bounces at nifl.gov
[mailto:englishlanguage-bounces at nifl.gov] On Behalf Of Stephen Woulds
Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 12:50 AM
To: englishlanguage at nifl.gov
Subject: [EnglishLanguage 2808] citizenship

Hi
This website was created to help those teaching/learning English develop
an understanding of citizenship as it relates to the United Kingdom.
http://www.esoluk.co.uk <http://www.esoluk.co.uk/> There are however
many people in the UK who are opposed to the teaching of 'citizenship'.
It is becoming a hot political issue, particularly as language ability
and cultural knowledge are being used as gate-keeping processes for
entry into the UK. I'm wondering what other people's thoughts are on the
teaching of citizenship to migrants, asylum seekers, etc, particularly
within their own national contexts.