[HealthLiteracy 391] Re: Patient Education Departments in Hospitals

Diane Levin-Zamir

diamos at zahav.net.il
Wed Sep 6 09:43:05 EDT 2006

Sorry for Cross Postings!
Dear Colleagues - As we would like to establish a patient education
service in our hospitals, I would be grateful if any or all of you could
send me information about the organziational standards and structure of a
department , particulary:
1/ Recommended staff - job descriptions, criteria, the number of
positions required /1000 beds
2/ Outcome measures of performance
3/ Work processes and procedures within the hospital and community
4/ Any other information that you think is relevant.

Thank you all so much!

Best,
Diane Levin, MPH, CHES
Director, Departmetn fo Health edcuation and Promotion
Clalit Health Services
Israel