[Technology 1698] Re: Technology Digest, Vol 34, Issue 15

Lobaccaro Gina (DOC)

Gina.Lobaccaro at state.de.us
Thu Jul 31 10:58:01 EDT 2008

Thank you so much for all the responses to my note of last night.

I wondered if it would generate a discussion.

I think that the combination of working so much keeping data and doing
online research AND taking college classes that require reading on and
offline texts have done the most to slow down my reading for pleasure.
Secondly, my vision has continued to get worse and worse over the past
five years (and before).. and the last trip to the eye doctor - I was
told I have the beginning stages of cataracts. I also have frequent
migraines.

I am beginning to see - through the responses and some reflection - that
my case may be somewhat unique.

When I go on vacations I DO read for pleasure - especially on airplanes.

:-)

Speaking of vacations - a frequent vacation for me is to Yosemite where
my college roommate lives. Her home is in the very town where the worst
of the fires in that area have been since this weekend (Midpines - near
the Yosemite Valley). The last I heard, she had not learned if she had
lost her home to the fire (and in response to Holly - I was very
saddened to hear of the loss of your home). Please keep my friend Wendy
in your thoughts.... she and her husband and two teenagers are fine, and
that is a great relief.

Again, thanks for the discussion.

Was good to hear from you all!

Gina