[Technology 1569] Opening March 31 - Using Technology in the ESOL Classroom - New Online Course

Jane Greiner

jgreiner at proliteracy.org
Mon Mar 17 11:08:44 EDT 2008

Hello everyone,

I'm excited to let you know about a brand new online course from ProLiteracy: Creating Engaging ESOL Activities Using Computers 2.

This course will be similar in format to our first course on this topic: Participants will experiment with fellow teachers and tutors to develop, test, evaluate, and revise instructional activities using technology in the ESOL classroom. In this course, participants will also explore the ARCS model of motivation, adult multiple intelligences, and more best practices for integrating computers into instruction.

This course is coming up soon! It will run from March 31- April 25, with a course Webinar on April 25th, 2:00-3:00 p.m. (EST). Course author Diana Satin will be the instructor.

Completion of the first course - Creating Engaging ESOL Activities Using Computers I - is NOT required, so please feel free to forward this information to any colleagues who may be interested.

For full course description and registration information, please go to: http://www.newreaderspress.com/default.aspx?cat=prof&hid=289&pid=PLAEL20.

Please feel free to call me at 315.422.9121 ext. 283 or e-mail prodev at proliteracy.org if you have any questions.

All the best,
Jane

Jane Greiner
Professional Development Coordinator
ProLiteracy
1320 Jamesville Avenue
Syracuse, NY 13210
315-422-9121 ext. 283
315-422-6369 fax
www.proliteracy.org
jgreiner at proliteracy.org

Learn more about ProLiteracy's Professional Development at http://www.newreaderspress.com/default_prolit.aspx

Become a member to receive 25% off New Readers Press products, 15% off Professional Development, and much more!!!

For more information or to join, please visit www.proliteracy.org/proliteracy_america/membership.