[NIFL-ESL:1514] Announcing LAC2

From: Charles Jannuzi (jannuzi@edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp)
Date: Mon Nov 17 1997 - 05:19:43 EST

Date: Mon, 17 Nov 1997 05:19:43 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Charles Jannuzi <jannuzi@edu00.f-edu.fukui-u.ac.jp>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:1514] Announcing LAC2

First, note:  please do not reply to list.  Reply to <jannuzi@ThePentagon.com>

Next, this is to announce the e-mail version of our second newsletter,
Literacy Across Cultures, Issue 2.

If you haven't yet received a copy and would like one, send an e-mail titled
"LAC 2" to me <jannuzi@ThePentagon.com> and I will send you it in e-mail
form (two e-mails total, Pts. 1 and 2).  MAKE SURE YOU AREN'T REPLYING
TO THE LIST.  It gets some people uptight.

We are the forming FL Literacy  N-SIG of JALT, and here is what you can
read about in our second newsletter:

I.   Information about the Foreign Language Literacy N-SIG and Literacy
    Across Cultures:

      A. The FLL N-SIG WWW homepage
      B. Our Statement of Purpose
      C. Membership information
      D. Call for submissions/Publication guidelines
      E. Officers and contact information

II.   Guessing Word Meaning from Context: Should We Encourage It?
		by David Dycus  (feature article)

III.  Key Concepts in FL Literacy:  Schema Theory
		by Charles Jannuzi  (feature article)

IV.  Japanese and English Rhetorical Strategies: A Contrastive
      Analysis
                        by Bern Mulvey (English abstract of a Japanese article
                        from the paper version of LAC)

V.   Readers Respond:  Comments on Phonics Instruction

VI.  Computer Literacy: Booksellers on the WWW

                        by Charles Jannuzi

VII.  It is Written...(Book and article reviews):
      Second Language Vocabulary Acquisition

Finally, make sure you are replying to me <jannuzi@ThePentagon.com> and not
the list.  Thanks for your interest.

Regards,