Re: GED texts

From: Karen Stange (stange@gcnet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 02 1997 - 18:46:32 EST

From: stange@gcnet.com (Karen Stange)
Newsgroups: nifl.esl
Subject: Re: GED texts
Date: 2 Apr 1997 18:46:32 -0500
Sender: listproc@literacy.nifl.gov

A STRONG WORD of CAUTION!
If you use the Official Spanish Practice Tests, please be aware that the
scaled scores are WAY off!  The scale needs to be recalculated to being in
line with the Standard test scoring. We narrowly missed a tragedy of
thinking a student was ready for testing because of scores of the practice
tests were acceptable.  Do check it out and rescale befor relying too
heavily on the Official Spanish Practice tests.
Karen Stange
stange@gcnet.com