National Institute for Literacy

[EnglishLanguage 3886] Re: Thank you - great discussion (s)!

cece valentine cgv757 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 11:27:25 EST 2009

Thanx Miriam and Martha.

cgv757 at yahoo.com

--- On Mon, 2/9/09, Miriam Burt <mburt at cal.org> wrote:

From: Miriam Burt <mburt at cal.org>
Subject: [EnglishLanguage 3886] Thank you - great discussion (s)!
To: "The Adult English Language Learners Discussion List" <englishlanguage at nifl.gov>
Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 11:15 AM

_filtered #yiv1287517052 {
font-family:Cambria Math;}
_filtered #yiv1287517052 {
font-family:Calibri;}
_filtered #yiv1287517052 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
#yiv1287517052 P.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:11pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}
#yiv1287517052 LI.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:11pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}
#yiv1287517052 DIV.MsoNormal {
FONT-SIZE:11pt;MARGIN:0in 0in 0pt;FONT-FAMILY:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}
#yiv1287517052 A:link {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv1287517052 SPAN.MsoHyperlink {
COLOR:blue;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv1287517052 A:visited {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv1287517052 SPAN.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {
COLOR:purple;TEXT-DECORATION:underline;}
#yiv1287517052 SPAN.EmailStyle17 {
COLOR:windowtext;FONT-FAMILY:"Calibri", "sans-serif";}
#yiv1287517052 .MsoChpDefault {
}
#yiv1287517052 DIV.Section1 {
}

Hello, everyone.
I want to thank all of you for your great participation in the discussion. on working with English language learners with limited literacy  Martha, thanks so much for your wonderful faciliatation of the topic.

I see the discussion continued with some more good posts last week, while I was out. When I can catch my breath, I will post a summary of the discussion.

I see also that the list was alive last week with discussions of teaching grammar especially the progressives.  I look forward to reading all the posts from the time I was out. Thanks, Rochelle (Taylor) for facilitating the discussion last week in my absence.

In the next post I'll attach Thursday Notes for last week.
Miriam
Miriam Burt
Electronic discussion list moderator, Adult English Language Learners
mburt at cal.org