National Institute for Literacy

[EnglishLanguage 3461] 1. Correction to posting 2. Last day for Brigitte's, Donna's, and MaryAnn's targeted guidance on managing programs

Miriam Burt mburt at cal.org
Fri Jan 16 12:35:44 EST 2009

List subscribers:

I blush to read that I wrote:

"Hello, all.

For some reason there were difficulties on my end getting Robin Lovrien
Schwarz's message (below) posted, so I'm posting it for her. It
shouldn't happen again to her or anyone else's posts, though; I think
it's just a weird blip, some glitch in cyperspace." [sic]

Of course I meant cyberspace. I think the error was a subconscious
allusion to fact that using technology correctly is often something I
feel I must decipher, a code I must crack. It's a cipher to me. (Or
maybe I just need to turn on the spell check to catch typos.)

At any rate, I'm enjoying the wealth of posting we've gotten this week
on oral vs reading traditions; resources to use with learners to discuss
the inauguration; and, of course, managing programs and its healthy
spinoff discussion on elementary school ESL teachers vs adult ESL
teachers. Today is the last scheduled day for our guest facilitators
MaryAnn Florez, Donna Kinerney, and Brigitte Marshall to offer their
targeted guidance to the list on the topic of managing programs for
adult English language learners, so you might want to think about any
questions, make any comments you might have for them today if you can.

And one more plea, please, even if you have posted multiple times,
please sign each of your posts with your

name

affiliation

email

Thanks much.

Miriam

Miriam Burt

Moderator, Adult English Language Learner Discussion List

mburt at cal.org <mailto:mburt at cal.org>