[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2962] RE: What's hot in Adult Education Software?

From: Nixon S. Griffis (ngriffis@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 11:43:49 EDT

Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 11:43:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Nixon S. Griffis" <ngriffis@bellsouth.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2962] RE: What's hot in Adult Education Software?

David J. Rosen,

Thank you for all your work on these two sites. I have only scratched the
surface but see that you have truly the heart of a teacher. I believe the
one of the next steps in education will be to better package resources for
overwhelmed teachers to plug-in to. My district has millions of dollars
invested in technology which goes to waste. Teacher have neither the time or
the inclination to wade thru the dross to get to the gold. What is missing
is a connecting mechanism between that great mass of technology and
teachers. There need to be a filtering and packaging mechanism that better
delivers complete lessons to teachers, ready made. The pessimists say that
teachers have to show the motivation to plug in themselves. It is like the
mountain going to Mohammed. It won't happen unless we figure out a limo
service to better serve teachers.

Nick Griffis
Adult Education
Inlet Grove H.S.