[NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2952] Re: Supported Distance Learning

From: David Collings (david@collings.com)
Date: Fri Jul 18 2003 - 13:16:15 EDT

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 13:16:15 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "David Collings" <david@collings.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-technology@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-TECHNOLOGY:2952] Re: Supported Distance Learning

Tommy, I am responding to your question about ALT or ALTN -- the Adult
Literacy and Technology Network (altn.org).  ALTN is in the process of
launching partnerships with several national adult education
organizations.  These relationships allow ALTN to bring
technology-related pre-conference workshops and concurrent sessions to
several major conferences each year.  The following groups have agreed
to partner with ALTN in this way:

	* American Association for Adult and Continuing Education (AAACE
-- aaace.org)
	* Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE -- coabe.org)
	* Correctional Education Association (CEA -- ceanational.org)
	* ProLiteracy Worldwide (proliteracy.org)

ALTN workshops for the ProLiteracy conference in Washington, D.C. are
set for Nov. 13 & 14 and for the AAACE conference in Detroit on Nov. 18
& 19.  Read more at altn.org/conference.html or email me with further
questions.

David

David Collings
Chair, Adult Literacy and Technology Network
ALTN.ORG
david@collings.com