[NIFL-ESL:9538] Crosspost from NIFL AALPD

From: Lynda Terrill (lterrill@cal.org)
Date: Tue Oct 07 2003 - 10:44:48 EDT

Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 10:44:48 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Lynda Terrill" <lterrill@cal.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:9538] Crosspost from NIFL AALPD

Dear Listers:
Jackie Taylor, moderator of NIFL AALPD discussion list, asked for the information below to be posted to the other NIFL lists.

Lynda Terrill
lterrill@cal.org

*******************

Colleagues:
Are you interested in getting more involved with adult literacy professional
development (PD)? And in contributing your voice along with other proponents
of adult literacy PD? Would you like to take part in establishing (in the eyes
of policy makers) the legitimacy of a national association of practitioners
committed to adult literacy professional development?

Whether or not you are a member of the NIFL-AALPD discussion list, we would
like to invite you to become a formal member of the Association of Adult
Literacy Professional Developers (AALPD). Membership in AALPD is open to adult
educators interested or working in professional development in adult literacy.
Individuals join AALPD by completing and submitting the Membership Form:

http://wvabe.state.k12.wv.us/aalpd/

As we grow and expand, we want to know who our members are in order to
advocate effectively for professional development and provide members with the
best possible services. So, we are asking interested individuals to register
as an AALPD member each year. IF YOU HAVE BEEN AN AALPD MEMBER PREVIOUSLY,
PLEASE REGISTER AGAIN TO RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP.

You do NOT have to become a member of AALPD in order to stay on the NIFL-AALPD
discussion list, but we hope you will want to join AALPD. There is *NO FEE* to
become a member.

**MEMBERS VOTE FOR SLATE OF OFFICERS BY OCTOBER 30, 2003**
On the membership page, you can also VOTE for the current slate of nominated
AALPD officers (Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary-Treasurer).
<http://wvabe.state.k12.wv.us/aalpd/membership_form.htm>

Why should you become a member of AALPD?

* It's free!

* You can vote for AALPD officers and on special issues that arise (ONLY AALPD
MEMBERS WILL BE ELIGIBLE TO VOTE).

* We will send you the latest information about upcoming trainings, events and
resources.

* You can have input into the design of the COABE pre-conference session next
year (2004 in Columbus).

* You can contribute your voice to our advocacy efforts.

* You can help to establish AALPD's legitimacy in the eyes of policy makers by
demonstrating a strong membership of concerned practitioners committed to
professional development.

I hope each of you will strongly consider formal membership to AALPD.

Sincerely,

Jackie Taylor
List Facilitator, AALPD
jataylor@utk.edu