[NIFL-ESL:8562] Re: Impending Attack on Iraq

From: janice sapp (jansapp007@msn.com)
Date: Fri Feb 21 2003 - 18:52:51 EST

From: "janice sapp" <jansapp007@msn.com>
To: <nifl-esl@nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8562] Re: Impending Attack on Iraq
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 17:52:51 -0600

I find it interesting and comforting to hear others voice the same concerns
as I have. I have resorted to reading the NY Times on Sundays and have
online subscriptions of the Washington Post and read other publications that
I can find time and money for. Last Sunday's NY Times Sunday Magazine ran
its regular column of William Safire on Language, Hide and Seek. The article
was about the use of the jargon of children's games as metaphor for war, the
use of nuclear weapons, the 'game' that Saddam is playing, etc. Interesting
to note that no one was using the jargon used for children's behavior to
describe the fearful behavior of the grownups involved. I find a lot of
things that I hear from the government amazing, thoughtless, and foolish.
One thing I never thought I'd hear from our government is a need for a
preemptive strike against another country. Thanks for the opportunity to
share my opinion. I'll get off my soap box now and get in out of the rain,
jansapp007@msn.com