[NIFL-ESL:8964] Re: English immersion

From: Susan Ryan (susanefl@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed May 14 2003 - 11:09:21 EDT

Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 11:09:21 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Susan Ryan" <susanefl@hotmail.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8964] Re: English immersion

Bill- You made a point I've wondered about also--poetic license with the
language. I would think teaching poetry could present a problem with
beginning language learners as you said with songs. I mean other than the
clearly stated like "roses are red,violets are blue". Could anyone else add
insights on this. please? I would like to use poetry.
Susan