[NIFL-ESL:8767] RE: NIFL's Policy

From: Ujwala Samant (usamant@comcast.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 16:59:14 EST

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 16:59:14 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Ujwala Samant <usamant@comcast.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8767] RE: NIFL's Policy

>>Just so -- and we all need to remember that there are real live human
beings on the other side of that computer screen. Sometimes, especially if
I'm a bit angry, I wait a while before sending my post and then re-read it,
trying to imagine what it would feel like to get such a post from someone.
There have been times when I've decided that it is not really going to add
anything useful to the discussion, but it was nice for me to vent, and then
deleted it. Other times I find that it is right on, and send it.<<

Yes, Sylvan, I'm like that. I try and read it first before sending it,
especially if it is on a professional listserv. Sometimes I share the
"venting" with friends rather than on the listserv, because I find that in
general, I am always happy to meet people from the list at conferences etc.
Generally, I try and respond to something that makes me angry (where I feel
I need to make my point understood) by private email, rather than have a
"yeller" online and make everyone else uncomfortable. Seems to work better,
sometimes. Or I just stop responding to posts.

regards
Ujwala Samant