[NIFL-ESL:8749] RE: NIFL's Policy

From: Sherry Migdail (shermigd@erols.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 09:56:46 EST

Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 09:56:46 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sherry Migdail" <shermigd@erols.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:8749] RE: NIFL's Policy

Of course Ujwala is right - teaching adults English (or anything else except
the purest of sciences, perhaps) must by the very nature of both teaching
and of this country have within it the context of the population one teaches
and the population within our borders.  We do not have a national curriculum
but we do have funding (shifting with each administration) and we do have
methodological differences ... but surely all of us have content and that
stems from how we live and how we live with one another - that's political
as well as social.

Sherry Migdail

l----- Original Message -----