[NIFL-FOBASICS:847] Re: New ERIC File

From: Ellie Drago Severson (seversel@gse.harvard.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 30 2003 - 09:51:07 EST

Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:51:07 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Ellie Drago Severson" <seversel@gse.harvard.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:847] Re: New ERIC File

I join George in applauding, acknowledging, and celebrating your and your fine staff's work ovr
many years. Thank you for all you have done. I, too, fel sad about this change.  I'm sorry to
learn about it.
Ellie

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003 12:51:55 -0500 (EST)
  "George Demetrion" <george.demetrion@lvgh.org> wrote:
>Thanks Judy and to all the staff at ERIC.
>
>It is a sad day, indeed, when another venue for educational research closes
>down, especially by a government that professes to support scientific
>research in education.  Closing down alternative thinking is one effective
>way of shrinking the pool of data of what becomes viewed as "acceptable"
>research.  Fortunately, some of the materials will still be available on
>other web sites as identified in your document.
>
>ERIC staff have been helpful to me in some of my research and I've enjoyed
>reading some of the longer publications.
>
>George Demetrion

Ellie Drago-Severson, Ed.D.
Lecturer in Education
Harvard Graduate School of Education