[NIFL-FOBASICS:806] Re: Youth in ABE

From: Nixon S. Griffis (ngriffis@bellsouth.net)
Date: Fri Oct 17 2003 - 09:40:33 EDT

Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:40:33 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Nixon S. Griffis" <ngriffis@bellsouth.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-fobasics@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-FOBASICS:806] Re: Youth in ABE

	 I have thought for a while that teenagers, especially teenage boys whose
bodies and minds are not comfortable seated in class because of energy
levels, developmental dynamics, whatever it is. I seems that an active
program based around the old Greek system of combining education with the
gymnasium. This I suppose is for another discussion. Nevertheless, the need
to serve the male teenage population that does not thrive in our classrooms
causes these off shoot problems of behavior and drop out figures.

Nick Griffis
Adult Education
Inlet Grove H.S.
Riviera Beach, FL