[NIFL-HEALTH:4195] adult/education

From: james phillips (jphilip@tenet.edu)
Date: Thu Oct 09 2003 - 18:09:45 EDT

Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 18:09:45 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: james phillips <jphilip@tenet.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4195] adult/education

      About 35 years ago I use to teach adult basic education night
classes here in tropical deep south Texas  for those who were trying to
obtain their GED in order to advance in their jobs.  The field of adult
education has really changed over the years.  One of the LINCS Hotsites
pertains to ESL(English as a Second Language).  A very interesting ESL
site is 'Dave's ESL Cafe' at http://www.eslcafe.com/.

"Don't know much about morphology, don't know much about phonology,
don't know much about the French I took..............."

Ever felt like that after studying a foreign language like French.   One
of the best sites for improving your French is at 'Tennessee Bob's
Famous French Links' at
http://www.utm.edu/departments/french/french.html.  This page is part of
the 10,000-Link Globe-Gate Supersite at the University of
Tennessee-Martin.  In real life Tennessee Bob is Dr. Robert Peckham, a
French professor and  he's not the president of France(in case you're
wondering.)

In the Globe-Gate site there's a 'health information links in Spanish
section also.  The URL is http://globegate.utm.edu/spanish/span.html and
the link is at  'Salud en los paises hispanoparlantes'.

James Phillips, MLS
Librarian
South Texas Community College
Dr. Ramiro R. Casso Nursing and Allied Health Center
1101 East Vermont
McAllen, Texas 78501
956-683-3121
956-683-3190 (fax)