[NIFL-HEALTH:4186] Fwd: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS! Howe $25.000 fellowship announcement

From: Gail Spangenberg (gspangenberg@caalusa.org)
Date: Fri Oct 03 2003 - 11:05:30 EDT

Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:05:30 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Gail Spangenberg <gspangenberg@caalusa.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4186] Fwd: OPPORTUNITY KNOCKS! Howe $25.000 fellowship announcement

Colleagues, I've just received the following notice from a member of
the CAAL board, Sam Halperin at the American Youth Policy Forum.
Maybe you'd like to bring this opportunity to the attention of
someone you know.  It occurs to me that as a form of leadership
development in adult education and literacy, an enterprising young
person could do something quite worthwhile at AYPF focussed on young
adults and literacy. The instructions for applying are given near the
bottom of the announcement.  Wish I were young again and knew then
what I now know about Doc Howe (who was a founding member of the CAAL
board) -- I'd be honored to compete.

Gail Spangenberg
President
Council for Advancement of Adult Literacy
1221 Avenue of the Americas - 50th Floor
New York, NY 10020
212-512-2362, fax 212-512-2610
www.caalusa.org