[NIFL-HEALTH:4104] Test re-test measures in Health literacy

From: Hoch, Daniel Brian,M.D. (DHOCH@PARTNERS.ORG)
Date: Tue Sep 09 2003 - 06:44:12 EDT

Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 06:44:12 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Hoch, Daniel Brian,M.D." <DHOCH@PARTNERS.ORG>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4104] Test re-test measures in Health literacy

Hello folks,
I've been reading this list for a couple of months, but never posted. Now, I
have a question (that I admit may have come up before I signed up). Does
anyone have experience with, or know of any literature, on test- retest
validity of the TOFHLA? I'm thinking of studying the literacy of patients in
a large neurologic practice with the TOFHLA before and after an
intervention. We've exchanged some emails with David Baker, the TOFHLA's
author, and he knows of no one who has examined test-retest validity, but do
any of the members of this list?
Thanks
Dan

Daniel B. Hoch, PhD., MD
Assistant Professor, Harvard Medical School
Assistant Neurologist, Massachusetts General Hospital
Epilepsy Service, VBK830
55 Fruit St.
Boston, MA  02114