[NIFL-HEALTH:4015] Health Literacy Month 2003

From: Helen Osborne (helen@healthliteracy.com)
Date: Tue Jun 17 2003 - 12:41:49 EDT

Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:41:49 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Helen Osborne" <helen@healthliteracy.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4015] Health Literacy Month 2003

To NIFL-Health,

As many of you know -- Health Literacy Month, celebrated each October, is a
time when health literacy advocates around the world promote the importance
of understandable health information.

Even though it's not quite summer, I encourage each of you to think about
ways you can raise awareness about health literacy in your local community.
Many organizations find that their events have an even bigger impact when
they partner with like-minded yet not-identical groups. A Health Literacy
Month event co-sponsored by a health center and literacy program is an
example.

However you structure your event, I encourage you visit the updated Health
Literacy Month website at www.healthliteracymonth.com. Please make sure to
look at the Health Literacy Month maps where you can see who has done what
these past four years. And then please add your 2003 Health Literacy Month
event to the map by completing the easy online form.

There is a lot going on behind the scenes at Health Literacy Month. For
sure, I'll keep you posted about the highlights through NIFL-Health. For
questions and more information about Health Literacy Month, feel free to
contact me by e-mail at helen@healthliteracy.com or by phone (in MA) at
508-653-1199.

Together, we truly CAN make a difference.
~Helen

Helen Osborne M.Ed., OTR/L
President, Health Literacy Consulting and Health Literacy Month
Phone: 508-653-1199
helen@healthliteracy.com
www.healthliteracy.com
www.healthliteracymonth.com