[NIFL-HEALTH:4001] CDC Reference for Health Clip-Art and Images

From: Maldague, Sandra (smaldague@asaging.org)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 12:52:26 EDT

Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:52:26 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Maldague, Sandra" <smaldague@asaging.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:4001] CDC Reference for Health Clip-Art and Images

Hi,
I just joined the list.  I'm in the field of public health and have been
working for the past 8 years in researching and developing health education
materials related to health of the elderly, disabled individuals, women,
adolescents, and homeless persons.  I'm very interested in culture, race and
ethnicity as they affect health, and developing health education materials
that discuss the experience of persons from a variety of backgrounds.  I am
currently working on web-based training modules for frontline professionals
to develop community education campaigns related to health and aging (visit
www.asaging.org/cdc to view the modules).

Re: the question on where to look for health-related clip art, the CDC has
compiled a public health image library http://phil.cdc.gov/Phil/default.asp,
which has a variety of images relating to public health.  All (or most) of
the images are public domain, I believe.  I've found that the easiest way to
search the image database is to use the "Browse by Category" feature
(http://phil.cdc.gov/Phil/browse.asp?node=0).

Sandra Maldague, MPH
Manager, Health Promotion/Disease Prevention
American Society on Aging
833 Market St., Suite 511
San Francisco, CA  94103

Tel: 415-974-9635