[NIFL-HEALTH:3949] Re: Pediatric Literacy Initiatives

From: Ian Bennett (ibennett@mail.med.upenn.edu)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 00:23:47 EST

Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2003 00:23:47 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: Ian Bennett <ibennett@mail.med.upenn.edu>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:3949] Re: Pediatric Literacy Initiatives

Hello,
         I am working on an interesting collaborative project between
literacy providers, family physicians, OB/GYN providers, and pediatricians
called Books For Babies. We have developed a program that is currently
being piloted at two hospitals in Philadelphia to provide pediatric
literacy promotion through the medical system around the time of delivery.
Much of the model is based on ROR but focused on a different age. The
program is meant to be a complement to ROR. Feel free to e-mail me directly
for more details.
Ian Bennett