[NIFL-HEALTH:3888] Re: Tobacco Control

From: Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi (sabrina_kurtz-rossi@jsi.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 14:53:09 EST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:53:09 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi" <sabrina_kurtz-rossi@jsi.com>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:3888] Re: Tobacco Control

Anne,

I would recommend that you take a look at the easy-to-read, multi
cultural, and other tobacco education materials developed and
distributed by the Massachusetts Tobacco Education Clearinghouse (MTEC).
 Check out their website at <www.trytostop.org> or call 617-482-9485 and
ask to them to send you a catalogue.

- Sabrina

------------------
Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi
World Education
44 Farnsworth Street
Boston, MA  02210
617-482-9485
skurtz@worlded.org

>>> aokeefe@smtp.aed.org 01/28/03 02:31PM >>>
I've been lurking and learning from this list serv for several weeks.
My compliments to all participants and moderators. My voyeurism has made
me much smarter about these important issues.

I work in a large nonprofit organization on contracts supporting the
Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control. We are on a
mission to target the most vulnerable and neglected population with the
highest smoking prevalence - low-SES - with effective cessation and
prevention messages.

I have scoured the web and other sources and found a dearth of good
materials for this population on this topic. Could participants share
references and recommendations with me? Point me in good directions to
inventory what is available so we can build from there?

Would anyone be interested in participating in a more limited list serv
devoted solely to the issue of tobacco and health among low-SES/low
literacy?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Anne Marie O'Keefe, Ph.D., J.D.
Sr. Mgr., Policy and Media Advocacy