[NIFL-HEALTH:3887] Tobacco Control

From: Anne Marie O'Keefe (aokeefe@smtp.aed.org)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 14:33:27 EST

Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 14:33:27 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Anne Marie O'Keefe" <aokeefe@smtp.aed.org>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:3887] Tobacco Control

I've been lurking and learning from this list serv for several weeks. My compliments to all participants and moderators. My voyeurism has made me much smarter about these important issues.

I work in a large nonprofit organization on contracts supporting the Office on Smoking and Health, Centers for Disease Control. We are on a mission to target the most vulnerable and neglected population with the highest smoking prevalence - low-SES - with effective cessation and prevention messages.

I have scoured the web and other sources and found a dearth of good materials for this population on this topic. Could participants share references and recommendations with me? Point me in good directions to inventory what is available so we can build from there?

Would anyone be interested in participating in a more limited list serv devoted solely to the issue of tobacco and health among low-SES/low literacy?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Anne Marie O'Keefe, Ph.D., J.D.
Sr. Mgr., Policy and Media Advocacy
Academy for Educational Development