[NIFL-HEALTH:3875] Re: Older Adult Literacy

From: Librarian (lib_literacycntr@dawsoncollege.qc.ca)
Date: Thu Jan 16 2003 - 14:30:05 EST

Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:30:05 -0500 (EST)
Sender: nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Librarian" <lib_literacycntr@dawsoncollege.qc.ca>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-health@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-HEALTH:3875] Re: Older Adult Literacy

The National Literacy and Health Program (NLHP) of the Canadian Public
Health Association (CPHA) has two publications that may be of interest.
I've taken the descriptions from their web site.

http://www.nlhp.cpha.ca/publications.htm

"Working with Low-literacy Seniors"
Focuses specifically on the senior segment of the population, giving
practical strategies for health providers serving these Canadians, and
a bibliography of resources.

"Creating Plain Language Forms for Seniors"
A guide for the public, private and not-for-profit sectors on the
design and plain-language wording of forms intended to be used or
completed by seniors.

Hope this helps.

Claire Elliott
Librarian