[NIFL-ESL:10869] Re: finishing Americorps, year of teaching

From: Lynne Price (Lynne.Price@ci.benicia.ca.us)
Date: Fri May 13 2005 - 17:35:24 EDT

Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:35:24 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov
From: "Lynne Price" <Lynne.Price@ci.benicia.ca.us>
To: Multiple recipients of list <nifl-esl@literacy.nifl.gov>
Subject: [NIFL-ESL:10869] Re: finishing Americorps, year of teaching

I would think that a number of programs - CBO's, library literacy programs and others - would be happy to have you in their work.

I don't know of any Somali Bantu families in Northern CA, yet there are plenty of other cultures that could use your support...but it sounds like you're staying put in PA. Unless you're sticking with traditional school systems, the certificate may not be an issue. Depends on where you're looking to teach.

Lynne A. Price
Adult Literacy & ESL Program Coordinator

Benicia Public Library
150 East 'L' Street
Benicia, CA 94510
Office: 707.746.4341
Fax: 707.747.8122

>>> trisha1329@hotmail.com 05/13/05 11:29AM >>>
I'll be attending the Columbia University Teacher's College TESOL Cert. program on July 1, after a year of adult ESL and Family Lit/ESL tutoring,  in Literacy Americorps Pittsburgh.  I'd like help in finding community-based ESL and/or Literacy programs which might hire someone with a BA in English Lit, TESOL cert. and a year of teaching experience.  I'm also open to teaching children, and would love an opportunity to continue working with Somali Bantu families in any other part of the country.  I'm not sure if there's a centralized location to search for domestic ESL jobs that are community-based, for adults,  and not part of a public school system.

Also, is it reasonable to search and apply to positions with my TESOL cert. pending?  Must I wait until I have the certificate in hand?