National Institute for Literacy

News and Notes for March 9, 2009

The National Institute for Literacy announce at nifl.gov
Mon Mar 9 13:27:59 EDT 2009

March 9, 2009
News and Notes from the National Institute for Literacy

Acting Director, Daniel J. Miller

WHAT'S NEW AT THE INSTITUTE:

* Join the Institute. We are seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions: Associate Director of Programs and Senior Program Officers for Information Technology, for Adult Literacy, and for English Language Acquisition. For more information on these vacancies and how to apply, visit http://www.nifl.gov<http://www.nifl.gov/>.

* Early Childhood Literacy. Today, the Institute's Family Literacy Discussion List kicks off a forum on the National Early Literacy Panel http://www.nifl.gov/nifl/NELP/NELP09.html and its new report Developing Early Literacy. Participate in the March 9-13 discussion http://www.nifl.gov/lincs/discussions/familyliteracy/09NELPimpact.html

* Save the Date - The Institute at COABE: Our Regional Resource Center, Resource Collections, and Discussion Lists staff will present a series of pre-conference and conference sessions during this year's Commission on Adult Basic Education (COABE) Conference in Louisville, KY. April 18 - 22.

###
Your e-mail address has been added to the National Institute for Literacy's Announcement list. To unsubscribe from this list, please go to: http://www.nifl.gov/mailman/listinfo/announce or send an e-mail to listhelp at nifl.gov<mailto:listhelp at nifl.gov>.