Skip Navigation

Office on Disability

How to contact the Office on Disability

The Office on Disability is proud to serve its constituents from all parts of the nation.  Although the office is not charged with responding to constituent issues, the OD utilizes its limited resources in order to act as an information source.  If you have a general question regarding disability, please feel free to contact our office and we will make every effort to provide you with the requested information.  We will only respond to inquiries that are submitted to the Office in writing (by post or email).

For additional information on disability resources in your state, please visit the National Disability Rights Network at  The National Disability Rights Network (NDRN) is the nonprofit membership organization for the federally mandated Protection and Advocacy (P&A) Systems and Client Assistance Programs (CAP) for individuals with disabilities. Collectively, the P&A/CAP network is the largest provider of legally based advocacy services to people with disabilities in the United States.  Their website provides the contact information for Protection and Advocacy Centers in every state across the U.S.

If your issue involves the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), please contact CMS directly at 1- 800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) or online at  If your issue involves the Social Security Administration (SSA), including Social Security Insurance (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), please contact SSA directly at 1-800-772-1213 or online at Office on Disability does not have the authority to access client information, change disability determinations or expedite the application process for cases from either of these organizations.


U.S. Department of Health & Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Room 637D
Washington, D.C. 20201

Information on Section 508

Questions regarding training logistics, technical assistance needs, and 508 policy change issues may be directed to the Office on Disability at

Questions about Section 508 issues at your Agency/OPDIV, contact your Section 508 Coordinator.

Questions regarding web and document accessibility should be directed to the Web Communications Division.