2009 - 2008 - 2007 - 2006 - 2005 - 2004 - 2003 - 2002 - 2001 - 2000 - 1999 - 1998
- MedlinePlus releases search clouds in English and Spanish. The search clouds display the most frequently searched terms for MedlinePlus and MedlinePlus en español.
- Go Local Kansas is released as part of a statewide initiative to connect Kansans to information and resources about their health.
- Montana releases Go Local Montana, the 30th MedlinePlus Go Local site linking users to local resources for health-related issues.
- Healthy DC – Go Local launches, a free, online information database of health-related services and health-promoting programs available in the District of Columbia.
- Tennessee Go Local launches, providing a statewide directory of health services for the state of Tennessee.
- Go Local North Dakota launches, providing information about health services available to the residents of North Dakota - Discover Health Services Near You!
- MedlinePlus debuts the collection of health information in multiple languages, providing access to high quality health information in languages other than English and Spanish. The collection contains over 2,500 links to information in more than 40 languages and covers nearly 250 Health Topics.
- Iowa Go Local launches, connecting citizens with healthcare providers across Iowa.
- Heart of Texas launches as the 25th MedlinePlus Go Local site, serving 22 counties in Central Texas.
- MedlinePlus links to a new Go Local site Georgia Health - Go Local serving the whole state of Georgia.
- MedlinePlus en español adds Spanish language translations of disease and condition summaries. Featured on over 715 Spanish language health topics, the summaries provide an introduction to health topics and are written in easy to understand language.
- MedlinePlus added links to dermatology information, including thousands of photographs and images, provided by VisualDxHealth. This unique content features high quality medical images and information on over 150 diseases and conditions.
- The What's New on MedlinePlus page debuts. The page provides information on new MedlinePlus topics and features and has a corresponding RSS feed.
- Go Local expands its coverage with the addition of Health-E Illinois, serving the entire state of Illinois.
- MedlinePlus was the top government news/information web site in the American Customer Satisfaction Index during the second quarter with a score of 87. MedlinePlus en español scored 85.
- MedlinePlus launches a Hispanic awareness campaign with Don Francisco, the television host of Sábado Gigante. The campaign features television and radio public service announcements which encourage Latinos to use MedlinePlus to learn about health and wellness. See the press announcement and more about the campaign.
- MedlinePlus offers new content on the English and Spanish Health Topic pages. Topic summaries and synonyms provide a quick introduction to each disease or condition while the image on each page provides visual interest. Reorganized subcategories and a redesigned table of contents improve page navigation. Learn more.
- Michigan Go Local launches, providing statewide directory of health services for the entire state of Michigan.
- Go Local Delaware becomes available, an online database of health-related services, healthcare practitioners, and health-promoting programs in Delaware.
Vermonters gain a new way to connect to local health services across the Green Mountains with Vermont Go Local, the nineteenth Go Local project to be made available.
- Arizona Go Local launches, providing a directory of local health services for residents of the Grand Canyon State.
- MedlinePlus adds 14 interactive body maps. The body maps are available from the Health Topics Homepage, which features new visual elements and an expanded color palette.
- Go Local expands its coverage with the addition of two new sites: Go Local Texas Gulf Coast serving the 38 counties that comprise the gulf coast portion of Texas and New Mexico Health Connection, a directory of local health services, providers and programs serving residents of New Mexico.
- Go Local Ohio – Southeast, serving the 18 counties of the Appalachian region of Ohio is released.
- The 2nd Texas Go Local site, east texas connect, extends information about health services into the east/northeast part of the state.
- Go Local Wyoming debuts, providing a database of health care services for the state of Wyoming.
- Maryland releases Maryland Health → Go Local, the 10th MedlinePlus Go Local site linking local resources for health-related issues.
- MedlinePlus adds additional news stories from HealthDay news company in English, complimenting news from Reuters Health. And in Spanish, additional stories from Reuters Health now compliment the stories from HealthDay.
- MedlinePlus links to a new Go Local site: GoLocalUtah serving the state of Utah.
- MedlinePlus adds evidenced-based herb and supplement information in English and Spanish from Natural Standard.
- MedlinePlus links to a new Go Local site: Tribal Connections Four Corners Go Local serving the Native American tribes in northeastern Arizona, northwestern New Mexico, southwestern Colorado, and southeastern Utah.
- MedlinePlus has 687 health topics. It receives over 43 million page views per month from 4 million unique visitors.
- Find a hospital using the newly added American Hospital Association database. Users can search by hospital name, zip code, or city.
- MedlinePlus en español adds a Spanish version of the narrated tour.
- MedlinePlus adds a page for Librarians and Trainers with training resources to assist efforts during classes and health fairs.
- Two sample Interactive Health Tutorials (one English and one Spanish) are now available for demonstrations and can be downloaded and viewed when no Internet connection is available.
- MedlinePlus adds links to Missouri's Community Connection from health topic pages. These links expand the Go Local project, which was piloted by North Carolina in early 2003. For more information about Go Local, see the Go Local information page.
- A new page for low vision users is linked from the health topics home page. The page provides links to interactive tutorials and NIHSeniorHealth topics, both of which have audio features. NIHSeniorHealth also gives users the option to enlarge the text and to view a high contrast version.
- A new capitalization format, MedlinePlus, replaces MEDLINEplus throughout the site to better reflect common usage of the site name. A new English tagline is introduced--Trusted Health Information for You. The new MedlinePlus en español tagline is Información de Salud para Usted. Also, navigational tabs are updated, including relocating the "Home" tab to the far left on each secondary page. The printer-friendly and email to a friend icons are more brightly colored to draw users' attention to these features.
- New on MedlinePlus en español:
- New on MedlinePlus:
- Alphabetical list of all easy-to-read materials accessible from the health topics home page
- Subject listservs containing links to news stories and new sites, as well as links to new health topic pages
- There are 165 interactive health tutorials available in English and Spanish.
- Users can now print pages in a printer-friendly format or email MedlinePlus pages to a friend.
- The Libraries pages are redesigned to pull data from the DOCLINE database.
- The Genetics Home Reference, a new Web site for consumers about genetic diseases from the National Library of Medicine, is added to MedlinePlus health topic pages.
- In April, MedlinePlus receives visits from over 2 million unique visitors who view over 20 million pages.
- The Merriam-Webster Medical Dictionary is added to MedlinePlus. (See the news announcement.)
- MedlinePlus now has over 600 health topics.
- The MedlinePlus home page is redesigned for easier access to health information and a new search engine is introduced.
- MedlinePlus en español is released with nearly 500 health topics, an illustrated medical encyclopedia, and interactive health tutorials. (See the press release in English or Spanish.)
- MedlinePlus has 559 topics. This month MedlinePlus receives visits from nearly 1.2 million unique users who view over 10 million pages.
- MedlinePlus is the first government Web site to receive accreditation from the American Association of Health Plans. (See the news announcement.)
- Yahoo! Internet Life includes MedlinePlus in its list of "Seven Most Trusted Sites."
- Consumer Reports "On Health" lists respected health Web sites and comments, "The best is MedlinePlus..."
- MedlinePlus debuts two weekly email announcement lists to inform subscribers of new topics and links.
- MedlinePlus turns three years old (see the press release.)
- MedlinePlus has grown to 494 topics. This month MedlinePlus receives visits from over 780,000 unique users who view over 7 million pages.
- Repeating last year's mention, U.S. News and World Report's "Best of the Web" includes MedlinePlus in the list of best health sites.
- Healthcare Online for Dummies lists MedlinePlus at the top of its "Ten Must-See Health Sites," describing it as "a comprehensive site . . . breathtaking in its scope and depth."
- MedlinePlus add a news feature with daily updates from Reutershealth, Associated Press, New York Times Syndicate and others, making it a great site for one stop shopping for health information. (See the press release.)
- MedlinePlus has grown to 415 topics. In October, MedlinePlus receives visits from over 380,000 unique users who view over 3 million pages.
- MedlinePlus features a new look, including a top navigation bar and a search box on every page. (see the press release.)
- The A.D.A.M. Medical Encyclopedia is incorporated into MedlinePlus. The encyclopedia features over 4000 articles and thousands of illustrations of diseases, conditions, and procedures. (see the news announcement.)
- This month MedlinePlus receives visits from over 230,000 unique users who view over 2 million pages.
- MedlinePlus incorporates links to ClinicalTrials.gov, the new database of clinical research studies, on health topic pages. (see the press release.)
- This month MedlinePlus has 212 topics and receives visits from over 150,000 unique users who view over 1.3 million pages.
- A new version of MedlinePlus incorporates feedback from users. See the press release describing the changes.
- MedlinePlus has 129 topics.
- MedlinePlus has 44 topics.
- MedlinePlus, the National Library of Medicine's consumer health Web site, debuts with 22 health topics.
See the press release announcing its inception.
- In its first month, MedlinePlus receives 116,000 page hits.