MedlinePlus in the News
- Woman's Day (March 3, 2009) "Beyond Books: How Libraries Can Help
In an article about how libraries can help people, a woman with an enlarged thyroid talked about how the information in MedlinePlus helped her understand her condition and decide on treatment.
- Consumer Reports (March 2009) "Web Sites that Work"
MedlinePlus is recognized as the government health web site that is "most reliable and easiest to navigate."
- Forbes.com (December 23, 2008) "How To Get The Best Medical Advice Online"
In an interview about his book on online medical resources, Dr. Harlan Weinberg mentioned MedlinePlus as one of the sites that met his standards for reliability and accuracy.
- NBC's Today Show (September 30, 2008), "Going Online Before Going to the Doctor"
MedlinePlus was mentioned as one of the best places to find medical information.
- Government Computer News (August 25,2008) "Great .gov Web sites"
"The National Library of Medicine's MedlinePlus offers an astounding amount of medical information on a site that is easy to navigate."
- DotGovWatch (November 19, 2007), "The Best .gov Health Sites"
MedlinePlus is #1.
- Newsweek Online (July 2-9, 2007) "Things to Know"
"MedlinePlus.gov is the absolute best source of up-to-date medical information on just about every disease or condition, plus any medications you might need to know about. It's one-stop shopping and your tax dollars pay for it, so you should use it!"
- Washington Post (August 1, 2006), "A 10-Year Checkup; A Decade Into the E-Health Era, Online Medical Resources Pass a Real-Life Test"
"Start a disease search by visiting MedlinePlus."
- Business Week Online (August 30, 2004), "The Best Medical Websites (Extended)"
MedlinePlus is listed as part of the National Library of Medicine's site as "a patient-friendly location for looking up drugs and medical conditions."
- Wall Street Journal Online (July 6, 2004), "A Guide to Some of the Internet's Best -- And Most Overlooked -- Health Sites"
MedlinePlus and other health web sites are discussed. MedlinePlus "should be the first stop in any Internet health search."
- Government Computer News (December 15, 2003), "Medical library, student aid sites score high in e-gov user satisfaction"
MedlinePlus receives a score of 86 out of 100 on the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), the top score for an e-government Web site. MedlinePlus en español receives an 82.
- PC World (August 2003)
MedlinePlus is the "gold standard" for medical information on the Web according to PC World's "Best Free Stuff on the Web."
- O Magazine (January 2003) "Who's the Boss? How to get A-Plus Medical Care"
When doing research on the Web, "Medline Plus is a good place to start."
- Medicine on the Net (November 2002), "Multicultural health resources on the Net"
The September release of MedlinePlus en español "is perhaps the biggest boon to Spanish-speakers."