Printer Friendly

Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card

Purpose of Form :
Use this form to replace a "Green Card." Please note: You should not submit this form if you are a conditional resident and your status is expiring. You must use Form I-751 if you became a conditional resident through marriage to a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You must use Form I-829 if you became a conditional resident based on a financial investment in a U.S. business.
Number of Pages :
Instructions: 4; Form: 2.
Edition Date :
4/16/09. Previous editions accepted.
Where to File :

All paper-based Form I-90 applications along with all supporting documentation must be filed at:

P.O. Box 21262
Phoenix, AZ 85036

For USPS Express Mail and Courier deliveries, use the following address:

Attention: I-90
1820 Skyharbor, Circle S Floor1
Phoenix, AZ 85034

You may also choose to file electronically using the Internet. Please see "Electronic Filing" in the Related Links section of this page.

Filing Fee :
$290. Biometrics fee of $80 may be included. Please see Special Instructions for details.
Special Instructions :

You have the option of filing this paper form by mail at the Phoenix, Arizona, Lockbox facility (see address below), or you may file it electronically using the Internet. Please check the Electronic Filing section of our website (through the Related Links section of this page) to determine if you are eligible to file electronically, and for instructions on how to properly complete and submit the form.

If you choose to file a paper version of the form, you must include a check or money order with the application, to pay the appropriate fees. In addition, you must submit all required evidence, including a copy of your prior permanent resident card or other evidence of identity, and any supporting documentation with your application.

After filing your application, USCIS will inform you in writing when to go to your local USCIS Application Support Center (ASC) for your biometrics appointment.

If You Never Received Your Permanent Resident Card:

  • If USCIS mailed you a Permanent Resident Card more than 30 days ago and you have not received it; and
  • It has been returned to USCIS by the Post Office as undeliverable; and
  • You have not moved from the address you provided to USCIS during the application or immigrant visa process that led to the creation of the card not received, or
  • Your Permanent Resident Card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error.

In both of these instances, you must prepare a Form I-90. On the first page of the application, under Part 2, Application type, Number 2, Reason for Application, check box "b" which reads: "My authorized card was never received," or box "d" which reads "My card was issued with incorrect information because of a USCIS administrative error." Include any documents that support your claim with your application.

For those applicants who check box "b," you must send a copy of your Form I-797, Notice of Action, that you received for your previously filed Form I-485, Form I-751, or Form I-90.

For those applicants who check box "d," you must submit the original Form I-551 card containing the incorrect information that supports the requested correction.

If your biographic data has been legally changed:

Submit a copy of the original court order or a certified copy of your marriage certificate reflecting the new name with your application. To replace a card because of a change of any other biographical data, you must submit copies of documentation to prove that the new data is correct.

Changes to Submitted Applications

If it is necessary to change any information on your submitted I-90 application, please bring evidence to support the change with you to your in-person appearance at your local ASC. Do not send written correspondence regarding changes.

Change of Address

Please see the Related Links section of this page on how to report a change of address to USCIS. The Lockbox facility does not handle change of address requests and you should not submit Form I-90 to report a change of address.

Withdrawing an Application

To withdraw or cancel your submitted application, please submit a written request to:

National Benefits Center
705 B SE Melody Lane, Box 2000
Lee's Summit, MO 64063

No refunds or returns will be honored in the event of an application cancellation or withdrawal request.

Notice to applicants making payment by check or money order:

The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must be payable in U.S. currency.

Make the check payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security, do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS". However,

  • If you live in Guam, make your check or money order payable to the "Treasurer, Guam."
  • If you live in the U.S. Virgin Islands, make your check or money order payable to the "Commissioner of Finance of the Virgin Islands."

This page can be found at


Last updated:05/07/2009

Related Links

Bookmark and Share

Take Our Survey

I found this information: