- 2 small (6") paper plates
- 1 straw
- green construction paper
- Feet, Head and Tail Pattern
- markers or crayons
- Staple plates together, top to top creating a rounded shell for the
- Copy pattern onto green construction paper.
- Have children cut out 4 feet, 1 head and 1 tail.
- Staple, tape or glue feet onto the shell (paper plates).
- Staple tail to one end of the straw and staple head onto the other
- Slip straw between plates and between staples.
- Have children decorate shell.
- Pull the tail to make the head go into the shell. Push the tail to
make it come out.