1. The tornado is moving at 30 miles per hour. It is headed toward Femaville, which is 15 miles away. How long will it take for the tornado to hit Femaville?
2. The city hall building of Femaville has a large basement. There is a tornado approaching and many people have sought shelter in the basement. The people in the basement are: 15 staff members from city hall, the mayor and his secretary, 2 from the flower shop across the street, 4 from the diner next door, 4 members of the Smitty family, 3 members of the Gordon family and one policeman. How many people are in the basement?
3. The policeman leaves to help others outside. Two people walking by, a delivery man and three members of the Lee family have now come to the basement. Now how many are there?
4. The tornado hit Femaville and no one was injured, but it caused some damage to buildings. This was the damage: $2,346 to the Gordon family house; $11,490 to the diner; $3,421 to the flower shop and $874 to City Hall. How much total damage was there in Femaville?
5. There was also damage to the mayor's car, of $973. Now how much damage was there?