Capital Gains, Losses/Sale of Home
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Capital Gains, Losses/Sale of Home
- What is the basis of property received as a gift?
- I sold my principal residence this year. What form do I need to file?
- How do you report the sale of a second residence?
- How do I figure the cost basis when the shares I'm selling were purchased at various times and at different prices?
- I purchased stock from my employer under an employee stock purchase plan. Now I have received a Form 1099-B from selling it. How do I report this?
- Do I need to pay taxes on the additional stock that I received as the result of a stock split?
- How do I calculate the average basis for the sale of mutual fund shares?
- I received a 1099-DIV showing a capital gain. Why do I have to report capital gains from my mutual funds if I never sold any shares?
- Is the loss on the sale of your home deductible?
Frequently Asked Question Subcategories for Capital Gains, Losses/Sale of Home
- Property (Basis, Sale of Home, etc.)
- Stocks (Options, Splits, Traders)
- Mutual Funds (Costs, Distributions, etc.)
- Losses (Homes, Stocks, Other Property)
Back to Frequently Asked Questions
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: December 10, 2008