Accessibility Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Main Content Home  |  Change Text Size  |  Contact IRS  |  About IRS  |  Site Map  |  Español  |  Help  
magnifying glass
Advanced Search   Search Tips

Interest/Dividends/Other Types of Income

Top Frequently Asked Questions for Interest/Dividends/Other Types of Income

  1. How do I report this 1099-DIV from my mutual fund?
  2. I received a Form 1099-MISC instead of a Form W-2. I'm not self-employed, I do not have a business. How do I report this income?
  3. I am self-employed. How do I report my income and how do I pay Medicare and Social Security taxes?
  4. I received a Form 1099-MISC with an amount in box 7, (nonemployee compensation). What forms and schedules should be used to report income earned as an independent contractor?
  5. What, if any, quarterly forms must I file to report income as an independent contractor?
  6. Are alimony payments considered taxable income?
  7. Are child support payments considered taxable income?
  8. I am receiving long-term disability. Is it considered taxable?
  9. My child has joined Americorps and has received an income statement. Are these payments taxable?
  10. Are the amounts a taxpayer receives from a "reverse mortgage" taxable or non taxable income? I've looked in publications 525, 936, 530 and 17 and couldn't find any relevant information.

Frequently Asked Question Subcategories for Interest/Dividends/Other Types of Income

  1. 1099-DIV Dividend Income
  2. 1099-INT Interest Income
  3. 1099-MISC, Independent Contractors, and Self-employed
  4. 1099 Information Returns (All Other)
  5. Alimony, Child Support, Court Awards, Damages
  6. Employee Reimbursements, Form W-2, Wage Inquiries
  7. Gifts & Inheritances
  8. Grants, Scholarships, Student Loans, Work Study
  9. Life Insurance & Disability Insurance Proceeds
  10. Ministers' Compensation & Housing Allowance
  11. Savings Bonds
  12. Tips

Back to Frequently Asked Questions

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: December 10, 2008