Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals
- Can the entire acquisition cost of a computer that I purchased for my business be deducted as a business expense or do I have to use depreciation?
- What form and line do I deduct the standard mileage rate for my business travel and do I need to figure depreciation of the vehicle, too?
- I purchased a rental property last year. What closing costs can I deduct?
- I rent my home out for two weeks each year. Do I have to show the income on my return?
- What forms do we file to report a loss on the sale of a rental property?
Frequently Asked Question Subcategories for Sale or Trade of Business, Depreciation, Rentals
- Depreciation & Recapture
- Rental Expenses versus Passive Activity Losses (PALs)
- Personal Use of Business Property (Condo, Timeshare, etc.)
- Sales, Trades, Exchanges
Back to Frequently Asked Questions
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: December 10, 2008