Small Business/Self-Employed/Other Business
Top Frequently Asked Questions for Small Business/Self-Employed/Other Business
- Can a husband and wife run a business as a sole proprietor or do they need to be a partnership?
- Must a partnership or corporation file a tax form even though it had no income for the year?
- What is the difference between a Form W-2 and a Form 1099-MISC?
- How do you determine if a person is an employee or an independent contractor?
- As an employer, do I have any liability if my employees receive tips but don't report them to me?
- If an employee claims more than 10 exemptions on their Form W-4, does the employer have to report this to the IRS?
- Does a small company need a tax ID number?
- If I pay personal expenses out of my business bank account, should I count the money used as part of my income, or can I write these expenses off?
- For business travel, are there limits on the amounts deductible for meals?
Frequently Asked Question Subcategories for Small Business/Self-Employed/Other Business
- Entities: Sole Proprietor, Partnership, Limited Liability Company/Partnership (LLC/LLP), Corporation, Subchapter S Corporation
- Form 1099-MISC & Independent Contractors
- Form W-2, FICA, Medicare, Tips, Employee Benefits
- Form W-4 & Wage Withholding
- Form SS-4 & Employer Identification Number (EIN)
- Forms 941, 940, Employment Taxes
- Income & Expenses
- Schedule C & Schedule SE
- Starting or Ending a Business
Back to Frequently Asked Questions
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: December 10, 2008