Top Frequently Asked Questions for IRS Procedures
- What are the tax changes for this year?
- What is the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) of 2009?
- Should I notify the IRS of my change of address?
- What kind of interest and penalties will I be charged for filing and paying my taxes late?
- I am 18 years old, have a job, and my parents are claiming me on their federal tax return. Since I paid some income tax when I filed, do I qualify for the stimulus rebate?
- I lost my refund check. How do I get a new one?
- What is a split refund?
- I received an incorrect W-2 form. I can't get my former employer to issue a corrected W-2? What should I do?
- As a full-time student, am I exempt from federal taxes?
Frequently Asked Question Subcategories for IRS Procedures
- General Procedural Questions
- Address Changes
- Amended Returns & Form 1040X
- Code, Revenue Procedures, Regulations, Letter Rulings
- Collection Procedural Questions
- Copies & Transcripts
- Forms & Publications
- Injured Spouse
- Name Changes & Social Security Number Matching Issues
- Notices & Letters
- Refund Inquiries
- Reporting Fraud
- Signing the Return
- W-2 - Additional, Incorrect, Lost, Non-receipt, Omitted
- W-4 - Allowances, Excess FICA, Students, Withholding
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act
Back to Frequently Asked Questions
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: March 19, 2009