Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals
Welcome to the IRS Disaster Relief Resource Center for Tax Professionals.
As a result of recent natural disasters many payroll and practitioner businesses and their clients have suffered significant losses. Our goal is to provide resources and assistance to members of the impacted payroll and practitioner community.
Through this resource center we address many of the questions received from tax professionals. We've included information published by the IRS, along with links to IRS partners who may offer additional assistance. Many of our partners have developed Web pages that highlight the efforts they've made to help their fellow practitioners to recover and get re-established.
Up-to-date information on recent disasters including severe storms and flooding in Georgia and Indiana: Tax Relief in Disasters.
Disaster Assistance Information
Additional Guidance for Those Affected by Hurricanes
- IR-2005-105, Retirement Plans Can Make Loans, Hardship Distributions to Katrina Victims
- IR-2005-110, Tax Relief Granted for Hurricane Rita
- IR-2005-122, Tax Favored Treatment for Early Distributions from IRAs and other Retirement Plans for Victims of Hurricane Katrina
- IR-2005-128, Tax Relief Granted for Hurricane Wilma Victims
IRS Partner Disaster Relief Resources
American Bar Association (ABA)
A resource center for taxpayers in disaster situations provided by the American Bar Association (ABA).
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
A central resource for a number of hurricane relief initiatives launched by the AICPA.
Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting (ALPFA)
A central resource for a number of initiatives launched by the ALPFA.
National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA)
National Association of Enrolled Agents (NAEA)
NAEA disaster relief information.
National Association of Tax Professionals (NATP)
A listing of NATP Hurricane Disaster Tax Information.
National Society of Accountants (NSA)
Disaster relief initiatives for NSA members and their clients.
- Publication 547, Casualties, Disasters and Thefts
- Publication 584, Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 584B, Business Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Loss Workbook
- Publication 1600, Disaster Losses-Help from the IRS
- Publication 2194, 2005 Disaster Losses Kit for Individuals
- Publication 2194B, 2005 Disaster Losses Kit for Businesses
- Publication 3833, Disaster Relief: Providing Assistance through Charitable Organizations
Disaster Relief Resources
Page Last Reviewed or Updated: April 27, 2009