1. Which one is NOT a natural disaster?
Breaking your leg
2. What is the name of floods that happen very quickly?
Flood 'n fast
3. True or false: It's OK to touch and drink flood waters.
4. What is an earthquake?
The Turtle Tale
Shaking, rolling or a sudden shock of the earth's surface
High winds and seas
Same as electrocution
5. What should you do during an earthquake?
Get in bed
Drop and cover
Take a vacation
6. What is an aftershock?
A candy bar
A new shoe by Nike
A smaller earthquake that follows the main earthquake
7. Tornadoes have what kind of a shape?
8. If a tornado is coming, what should you do?
Seek shelter underground if possible or in a room on the first floor without windows
Fly a kite
9. How many hurricane categories are there?
10. When is the official hurricane season?
June 1 to November 30
First week of school
11. What is good protection for windows during a hurricane?
Old Halloween masks
12. True or false: During a fire, you should stay low to the ground where there is less smoke.
13. If you go out in the cold, you should dress in:
14. What is a tsunami?
A series of waves that follow an underground disturbance
A kind of raw tuna
A type of Asian self defense
A disaster involving tainted sushi
15. If you live near a volcano what special items should you have in your family disaster supply kit?
Goggles and throw-away breathing mask
Special lava shields
16. True or false: You can walk faster than a mudflow.