Accessibility Skip to Top Navigation Skip to Main Content Home  |  Change Text Size  |  Contact IRS  |  About IRS  |  Site Map  |  Español  |  Help  
magnifying glass
Advanced Search   Search Tips

Contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service!


Fax, write or call the Local Taxpayer Advocate Office!

  • Taxpayers in the Pacific US Territories (Guam, American Samoa and the Northern Mariana Islands) [ View Information
  • Taxpayers in the Caribbean US Territories (Puerto Rico & US Virgin Islands) and International [ View Information]

Call the Taxpayer Advocate Service Case Intake Line to see if you are eligible: 1-877-777-4778 or TTY/TTD: 1-800-829-4059.

 A list of Taxpayer Advocate Service offices can also be found in Publication 1546 (English, Spanish), The Taxpayer Advocate Service of the IRS - How to Get Help With Unresolved Tax Problems.    

You can also file Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance, with the Taxpayer Advocate Service, or request that an IRS employee complete Form 911 on your behalf.  Fax or mail the form to your Local Taxpayer Advocate.



Page Last Reviewed or Updated: March 13, 2009