[xplor-NIH] Adjustable timesteps in internal dynamics

Mary Kirsten Frank Mary.Kirsten.Frank at cbel.cit.nih.gov
Fri Oct 11 12:25:04 EDT 2002

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:23:06 -0400
From: Mary Kirsten Frank <kirsten at bach.cit.nih.gov>
To: mcmahon <mcmahon at ccnmr.mit.edu>

The internal dynamics has a special feature, the ability to adjust
timesteps to match the "graininess" of the potential surface. This is
actually a feature not a bug. The timestep you specify, timestep=0.002, is
the first timestep and then the algorithm adjusts the next one. If you
don't want this behavior, add "AdjustTS=false" into your internal dynamics
call. But this feature is fairly useful, so you may want to keep it. If
you find the timesteps getting quite small, like <1% of your original
setting, there is a problem with the dynamics, and it should be looked at.