Specific areas include:
- Hematopoietic stem and progenitor cell phenotypes.
- Regulation of gene expression during hematopoiesis.
- Regulatory molecules and cytokines that influence stem and progenitor cell survival, proliferation, and maturation.
- Mechanisms of hematopoietic cell cycle control and lineage commitment.
- Comparative studies of hematopoiesis across species.
- Ontogeny of hematopoietic tissue development.
- Hematopoietic stem cell plasticity in mesenchymal tissue development.
- Hematopoietic stem cells and progenitors as vehicles for gene therapy.
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation and the development of techniques for establishing stable hematopoietic chimeras in order to treat heritable blood diseases.
For more information, contact Dr. Daniel Wright, or Dr. Terry Rogers Bishop, Directors, Hematology Research Programs.