Genetics Home Reference provides access to information from the National Library of Medicine, the National Institutes of Health, and other U.S. Government agencies.
To complement U.S. Government sources, Genetics Home Reference links to selected nonfederal web sites, consistent with the following criteria.
- The purpose of the web page is educational and not to sell a product or service.
- Information on the site is available at no charge.
- The source of the content and the entity responsible for maintaining the site are clear.
- The source of the content is established, respected, and dependable. For example, the site is from an academic institution or government agency, or lists qualified professionals as advisors.
- The information is appropriate to the audience level, well organized, and easy to use.
- Information is from primary sources such as abstracts and textual material.
- Information is current or an update date is included.
- The site is consistently available.
- Registration is not required to view the information on the site.
- The site contains special features such as graphics, diagrams, or other unique information.
- The site should be accessible to persons with disabilities.
The links to web sites outside the Federal Government do not constitute an endorsement. We are not responsible for the content of those web sites.
Before seeking medical or health information
on the web, consumers may review the MedlinePlus® topic on
Evaluating Health Information.