Picture of Admin User
Common technical support issues for the NN/LM Moodle
by Admin User - Monday, 17 November 2008, 12:15 PM

A common issue involves lost passwords. Each Moodle account has a unique UserName (the "nickname" you use when you log into the Moodle) which is tied to a unique e-mail address. That is necessary so the system can send you a new password when you need one. If you create a second account for yourself, you will be required to set it up with a different e-mail address than your first account. Sometimes there are good reasons to create a second account, but for most users, one account is probably best. Don't create a second account, for example, just to avoid dealing with a forgotten password. The system can help you create a new password by sending information to your registered e-mail address. If that fails for some reason, contact your instructor for help. The Moodle administrators will try to help you and your instructor to fix your account so that you can continue to use it for all your normal Moodle purposes, with the e-mail address of your choice.

Sometimes people forget the UserName they created in the NN/LM Moodle. We can recover this information for you. Rather than create a new account, just ask your instructor for help.

A few people have had trouble staying logged into the NN/LM Moodle. Here are some tips from two people who found solutions:
  • I'm in now. This was a pop-up blocker problem.
  • For some reason, the computer was not logging me out of the class and every time I went back in, it took me to a screen shot of the original. By going under tools on the top bar, choosing internet options at the bottom of the list, deleting the cookies and files under temporary internet and clearing the history, I got rid of whatever was happening. As soon as I hit refresh I got the whole course! Maybe other people could fix their problems the same way.