NIH eRA Commons Introduction
The NIH eRA Commons is a web-based system that allows NIH extramural grantee organizations, grantees, and the public to receive and transmit information electronically about the administration of biomedical and behavioral research. To be able to use the NIH eRA Commons you must be registered as a user. Contact your Office of Sponsored Programs or Office of Clinical Research representative for information about registering.
The NIH eRA Commons is organized into sections. Depending upon the privileges/roles granted to you, you may view and access the following sections:
- Administration. The Account Administration section lets institution officials create and manage user accounts associated with the institution.
- Institution Profile. The Institution Profile (IPF) section lets institution officials maintain the institution information on file at the NIH, including the organizational hierarchy.
- Personal Profile. The Personal Profile (PPF) section lets users maintain their personal information on file at the NIH (including information such as degrees, publications, and contact information).
- Status. This section lets Principal Investigators (PIs) review the current status of all their grant applications and review detailed information associated with the grant. Signing Officials (SOs) or Administrative Officials (AOs) associated with the institution are able to see a summary view of grant applications, review Notices of Grant Award, and access Progress Report face pages.
- eSNAP. The electronic Streamlined Non-competing Award Process (eSNAP) section lets extramural grantee institutions submit electronic versions of Type 5 (non-competitive) progress reports to the grants management community. See the eSNAP User Guide for more information about this module.
- IAR. The Internet Assisted Review (IAR) section lets reviewers submit critiques of grant applications and view each other's reviews before the actual meeting. Scientific Review Administrators (SRAs) and Grants Technical Assistants (GTAs) are able to view all critiques and generate preliminary score reports and pre-summary statement bodies. . See the IAR User Guide for more information about this module.
- FSR. The Financial Status Report (FSR) is a statement of expenditures sent to the sponsor of a grant or contract. This section lets Grant and Contract Accounting (GCA) prepare and submit an FSR on behalf of the Principal Investigator (PI).
- X-Train. The electronic Trainee Activities System (X-Train) section lets Program Directors (PDs) of grantee institutions create and update trainee appointments. See the X-Train User Guide for more information about this module.
- Links. This section provides links to websites that provide information about the NIH eRA Commons and related applications.
- Help. This section provides online Help for all aspects of using the NIH eRA Commons.