Creating Affiliations for Users
Extramural Administrators can create institutional affiliations for existing NIH eRA Commons users with roles of PI or IAR.
There are two ways to create institutional affiliations for users:
- Use the Create Affiliation hyperlink located in the list of matching accounts when accounts are queried. Use the directions in Querying Accounts to find the desired PI or IAR user and create an affiliation.
- Use the directions in this section when you are unable to query the desired account and need to create an affiliation for PI or IAR users who do not have an existing user profile.
Note the following information about affiliations:
- Principal Investigators must be affiliated with an institution in order to see their work at that institution and can be affiliated with more than one institution at a time.
- When IAR users are affiliated with an institution they can see the Institution Profile and Status sections of the NIH eRA Commons.
- Once affiliated, the PI or IAR users can see the affiliation in the login information section located in the upper right-hand corner of each page.
- PIs with multiple institution affiliations can easily change the institution by clicking the hyperlinked institution in the login information section.
- Select Administration | Accounts | Create Affiliation to access the Create Affiliation page (ADM1011).
- Enter the desired user name and email address.
- Click Submit to enter the information. You will receive a confirmation message that the user has been affiliated with your institution.