Data Use Restrictions: Read Carefully before Using
By using these data, you signify your agreement to comply with the following statutorily based requirements.
The Public Health Service Act (42 U.S.C. 242m(d)) provides that the data collected by the National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) may be used only for the purpose for which they were obtained; any effort to determine the identity of any reported cases, or to use the information for any purpose other than for statistical reporting and analysis, is against the law. The National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has obtained an assurance of confidentiality pursuant to Section 308(d) of the Public Health Service Act, 42 U.S.C. 242m(d). This assurance provides that identifiable or potentially identifiable data collected by the NPCR may be used only for the purpose for which they were obtained unless the person or establishment from which they were obtained has consented to such use. Any effort to determine the identity of any reported cases, or to use the information for any purpose other than statistical reporting and analysis, is a violation of the assurance. Therefore users will:
- Use the data for statistical reporting and analysis only.
- Make no attempt to learn the identity of any person or establishment included in these data.
- Make no disclosure or other use of the identity of any person or establishment discovered inadvertently, and advise the appropriate contact for the data provider. In addition to immediately notifying "Contact Us" of the potential disclosure,
- for mortality data, notify the Confidentiality Officer at the National Center for Health Statistics (Alvan O. Zarate, Ph.D.), 3311 Toledo Road, Rm 7116, Hyattsville, MD 20782, Phone: 301-458-4601, Fax: 301-458-4021)
- for incidence data notify both the Federal agency that provided the data and notify the relevant state or metropolitan area cancer registry, of any such discovery.
- for CDC's National Program of Cancer Registries (NPCR) areas, notify the Associate Director for Science, Office of Science Policy and Technology Transfer, CDC, Mailstop D-50, 1600 Clifton Road, N.E., Atlanta, Georgia, 30333, Phone: 404-639-7240)
- for NCI's Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) Program registry areas, notify the Branch Chief of the Cancer Statistics Branch of the Surveillance Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, NCI, 6116 Executive Boulevard, Suite 504, Bethesda, MD 20892-8316, Phone: 301-496-8510, Fax: 301-496-9949.